Client:- Madhya Bharat Power Corporation Ltd.
The Rongni Chu Hydro-Electric Project (96 MW), located in East District of Sikkim envisages to utilize the flows of the Rongni Chu, a tributary of the Teesta River, for the generation of electrical power as a run-of-river hydropower development.
Salient Features of the Rongni Chu Hydro-Electric Project
1) Adits(0,1,2,2B&3): 1860.47 m.
2) HRT : 12.58 KM long,4.00M finished Dia, D- shape.
3) Surge Shaft: 88M deep,10.00M finished Dia
4) Barrage : 16.00M High above River bed level
5) Vertical Shaft: 318M Deep ,3.00M finished Dia.
6) Lower Horizontal pressure shaft : 957M long.
7) Upper Horizontal pressure shaft: 160.80M long.
8) Power House : Surface Power House
9) Turbines: Pelton , Vertical Shaft.
10) Generating Units: 2*48MW.
11) Transmission line: 7.45Km long 220KV DC line from Kumrek to Samardung(Rangpo) of PGCIL and then from Rangpo via Melli to National grid(Eastern,Northern and Western grids).